I can't believe three weeks from today I will be visiting Andrew at Basic Training and seeing my family. Honestly I am so excited to get home. I have had an amazing experience thus far but I know many more adventurous are still to come in the future. But I only have two work weeks left at the orphanage. My work at the hospital is basically done, unless I choose to go, since my hours are nearly complete. I really am going to miss the orphanage though when I leave.
I have learned many new things today. First, one of the girls told me tonight that there are only 4 girls coming for the Winter semester. That is even smaller than my group. It kind of breaks my heart that only 4 people signed up for such an underrated experience! Plus, what are going to happen to the kids? I mean there are basically 7 different groups of kids, 5 rooms and then 2 apartments. If there are only 4 which rooms miss out? Kind of sad to think about actually.
But on a high note I think I have a fun Saturday planned! I still can't believe tomorrow is already Friday. Anyway, they are having a big discount and party/concert thing at the Illius Mall her Saturday night. You even get a free mask! Sounds silly but I don't want to miss out on Anything.
By the way....I have though of names for my two new kiddos I mentioned in my last write up. It might sound silly, the names I mean, but I think they fit. For new kiddo #1 I have given the name Doll. She looks like an adorable little doll with huge blue eyes and a winning smile. For kiddo #2 I decided to call her Koala. Just because she reminds me of cute little bear and she is one of the only kids I know that actually like teddy bears. Not super creative for me but really they do fit the more I think about them.
I still can't believe I have been gone for 2 1/2 months. It really is crazy to have lived in a foreign country, working, for that long. I never been super open about my feelings so I don't talk about family or even Andrew that much for matter. I am sure that some people are like this girl is really married? Well I thought about it today and the reason I am like that is it is just easier that way. When I just think and dwell on things it makes me sad. So instead of being "the girl with the husband" and who is sad alot I just want to be myself. I miss him to death! More than I let people see, but for me not talking about it too much allows me to be ok with the situation and enjoy my self while I am here. Which I definitely have!
So a note to everyone out there, never let anything hold you back. Dream big, live hard, and laugh a lot. My own abridged saying but it is what works for me. Traveling and experiencing life has always been one of mine so I am trying to live it up while I am here. And to my family can't wait to see you in just a few short weeks!
Cu mult drag,
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment