Saturday, November 13, 2010

Late Night Masquerade

Wow...I really am horrible.  Forgetting Friday?  Seriously I have been way busy these past two days.  I mean it is the weekend so I am allowed a fun night out.  Half the time I don't know why I write a blog.  Probably more for me because I am going to regret not remembering my memories.  So this way I am required to write them down and can look back at all my adventures.  Anyways, not too much happened Friday.  I went to the orphanage like always and realized how much my head worker Ada actually goes through.

Apparently on Thursday she was yelling my name from the bathroom but I thought she was saying another one of my kids names so I didn't do anything to help her.  However,I am kind of proud of myself because I can tell she appreciates in when I help her out on my own.  I am so much more initiative in my work so I will do things without having to ask.  But when Mario came in to visit me on Friday she was telling me Ada is not very happy.  She is really, really stressed.  Not that I blame her.  There are alot of mobile kids in my room.  All rooms at the orphanage present their own unique challenges and some even have more kids than mine but the difference with mine is their young age (aka the terrible 2's) and their activity level.  My little ones get into everything!  And since she often will leave me with all of them during that hour of feeding time for two of my kids I can understand a little of how she feels.  Poor Ada has a whole shift with them so no wonder she is stressed out.  Plus, my room has just one worker (other than me) which is not enough for the amount of kids in my room.  But it is wonderful to see all of the workers working so hard for a good cause in caring for these children. 
So meanless to say this week has been very overwhelming being back with the kids.  Especially getting two new ones.

But Saturday was a great day!  I accomplished quite a bit in the morning, after sleeping in till 9 of course.   I did laundry and then just hung out waiting till 6.  The Illius mall had a big celebration from 7pm-2 am.  Early this week I found a pamphlet on the way to the other girls' apartment that had an advertisement in a pamphlet.  I translated some of it online but the rest I left up to Mihai.  It sounded so much fun and I was particularly excited to get a free mask so some of us went.  We left at 6 and it was packed!  But it was so cool, almost like a circus.  Everyone got a free mask upon entrance of the mall by two people on stilts.  Then many of the stores had discounts and most or all of their merchandise.  So the shops were crazy.  I am kind of a high stress person so I get overwhelmed by that amount of people in a store.  So that was interesting, but character building, right?  But other than shopping they also had performances.  They had performers in costumes and masks doing dancing.  There was also fencing and musical shows.  It was really fun to see everyone enjoying the shows and just having a good time.  We only stayed until 10 but it was good enough for us!  It was a really fun night!

Other than that not alot happened.  I need to be better in posting everyday again but I guess the days are just passing me by.  So I will continue to keep those of you who read updated.  Though I kind of know these postings are more for me.

Mare vis,

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment