Only a few days back from my week long trip and I already felt out of sync with things. But, yesterday was seriously an amazing day! It was so nice to get off the train and say "I'm home." I know that I won't be here much longer but it is still weird when you come to feel connected to a place. So yesterday was just one of those days where everything is just fun and falls into place.
I went to the orphanage for the first time in week and it felt so weird being back. I felt like I had missed work forever. But I walked into my room not exactly sure what to expect and my girls' faces immediately lit up. Little Blue Diva, Queenie, and Winnie all ran over to me and hugged my legs. They are so sweet I just love them to death. It really was great just to be back with my kiddos. But the more I think about it the sadder I get when I realize I will be leaving them soon. Hopefully they know how much I loved them when I was there. But, little kids really do cease to amaze. I was so lucky to have quite a bit of time with two of my boys I normally don't get to be with. First I had almost an hour with Dennis while the other kids were napping. I am just getting to know this little guy because he is not really mobile. But it was really nice to just hold him and try to connect with him. Mohawk was the other guy that I just got to spend some time with. He really is such a doll. The littlest touch on his face just makes him laugh. He is so precious and happy. Despite his disabilities he is one of the most happiest and content little guys I have ever met.
I didn't go to the hospital yesterday or today. Kind of strange but I am loving just being at the orphanage. i am almost done with my credit hours so trying to spread them out because I for sure want to work at the orphanage up until I leave just so I can be with my kiddos. But, with the free time I did alot yesterday and today.
After the orphanage yesterday we celebrated our friend Mihai's 23 Birthday and Petru's farewell for his mission at a pizzaria called Mamma Mia. It looked kind of sketchy at first since it was underground but we got in and it was really nice and the overall lunch was really fun. After we went to the Mall! Yes, I actually bought something....can't wait till right before I leave and I can really shop. But it was great just hanging out. Then after a short FHE we said goodbye to Petru by going to a club-type place and just hanging out. He left for Spain last night but hopefully it won't be a farewell but a see-ya later :) It has been really fun to just hang out with everyone and make new friends.
Today I went to Karrfour after the orphanage. A much needed trip since literally I ate all of my food before my mini-vacation so I had nothing to eat when I came home. So hopefully I got enough to last me for at least two weeks because then after that there is only one week till I head back to the United States!
Cu mult drag,
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment