Hello everyone!
So I just got back from the Republic of Moldova. Romania's, Iasi in particular, brothers across the river. Moldova was once part of Romania but the Russians took it over way back so they now speak both Russian and Romanian. Pretty interesting stuff!
We had such a great opportunity to attend a district meeting for church. Everyone met at 6:00am in front of the Cultural Palace and we made the 3 hour drive to Moldova. It was really ,really early but everyone that could make it had a great time attending such a spiritual meeting. One of the most intriguing aspects of this meeting was the fact it was conducted in 3 different languages! At one point a speaker was speaking in English and two translators, one sister missionary speaking Romanian and one elder who spoke Russian, translated sentence by sentence to the rest of the congregation. It was so cool to be a part of knowing that the church is the same no matter what country or language it is in.
The meeting lasted 2 hours and then we made a little trek to a park to eat lunch before leaving back for Romania. We had some good pizza and even got to see a little of fair, something of a happy protest for Moldova's independence. I am not sure but people were selling things and playing music. But, we eventually made our way back, getting stopped at customs, and driving home. Yes, I am adding lots of awesome stamps to all the places I am visiting! This is only inspiring to fulfill my dreams of traveling all of the world. Romania and Moldova are only the first of many cultures I hope to experience in my lifetime!!!
Another busy day, and the whole weekend itself just flew by. But, tomorrow is work again but it will be great!
Mare vis (dream big),
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment