So this blog won't be too long today cause it is almost 9 my time and I still have to eat dinner! Sadly, the only Internet access is in the other apartment, but it is better than nothing.
Anyways I just wanted to focus on the highlights of today. It was an overall one of my favorite days here in Romania. The first highlight happened at the orphanage. Little Blue Diva had gone back there yesterday. When I first entered the room, as I usually do, we had a little reunion. She came over to me and hugged me! Seriously, it didn't matter if the rest of my day was bad this just made it. Blue Diva was so sweet and that little hug showed me that it was worth spending all those weeks with her in the hospital. If only I could have like 3 hours a day with just one of the kids in my room than it would be truly wonderful.
The second highlight occurred at the hospital. I went up again to the cardio floor to see if any kids were up there without moms. Two kids were, both little. One, a boy was asleep and didn't get up till the last 30min we were there (he was so, so adorable though!). But, there was also the same little girl that I had yesterday. She is such a sober little thing. I think I already described but it just breaks my heart to look at her. She doesn't really like to be touched, I can't hold her, she has the saddest (silent) cry, and she rolls away alot. But, today I had a small breakthrough. She smiled! I didn't know she was capable of it. I was just making a funny face and then blew gently in her face and she gave the smallest smile and even laughed. I would too considering all the kids are dressed in layers of clothes and it is so hot in there. This little gesture made me proud of myself. I will see if I am with her again, who knows.
But, I ended the day with two of us girls going to a "aerobics" class at the church and it was pretty fun. It was nice to just dance around and hang out.
cu mult drag,
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment