Saturday, September 18, 2010

Dani + 10 ?!?

Today started off as pretty slow day...which is pretty nice since the weekdays are crazy! But, at 3 pm we went to a relief society activity for our church.  It was sooo long, but so worth it!  We were fed dinner there like no other.  It was a huge feast and the food just kept coming and coming.  Everything during it was translated from Romanian to English but I still felt such a strong spirit.  Also, my birthday was two days ago so all of the sisters sang to me in Romanian.  It surprised me but it just made me feel so loved by all of them.  It was unlike any birthday song in any language I had ever heard, it kind of started out as the tune to she's a jolly good fellow.  Then I was further surprised by one sister hugging me and singing Happy Birthday in English and calling me her darling.  I loved it!  I love the branch and can't wait to continue to get to know them because I already feel like I have a family away from home.


So, since today was kind of slow and the Moldova experience is not until tomorrow I wanted to tell you about the kiddos in Bambi Boys.  They are protected under child protection laws so I won't be able to post any pictures and have created pseudo names for them, but I am sure you will still come to know and love them as I have!

First off the girls in my group:

My little blue diva: yes, this is the name I made up for her.  One she is very blue due to a serious heart condition and two because she is such a little diva!  She is 2 1/2 years old and just the tiniest little thing.  But, she has the personality of a giant!  She doesn't talk a ton but since she is my little diva her favorite thing to say is "Nu!" Nu, nu, nu, nu...If you touch her when she doesn't want to be touched or give her a toy she doesn't want that is all I hear! But, because of her condition it is better to have a personality like that. When she does smile her adorable smile you forget all of her diva side.  She is in the hospital right now getting some tests done for her up coming surgery so it is wonderful to have one-on-one time and really get to know her!

Queenie: this is actually blue diva's younger sister.  She is a year younger but is slightly bigger than her.  She has this adorable curly brown hair and is just starting to walk with support.  She also has a heart condition, though less severe, but if there is someone who wants attention more than Blue Diva it is Queenie.  She is a doll though and i am loving getting to help her walk around and feeding her everyday for lunch!

Bug: She really is just as cute as a bug!  She is almost 4 but can't walk or talk, but her smile just speaks for her!  Often I don't get to see her cause she is kept in the crib alot but she loves her binkie and getting any sort of touch and play time from her seat.  I am getting to know her better and just love getting one of her adorable smiles out of her

My little Boys:  the majority of the group obviously but I just adore all of them.

Mohawk: Kind of manly name for such an adorable, sweet little boy.  But, he has the most awesome hair!  It just stands straight up like a mohawk! This little guy is also almost 4 years old.  He can't walk or talk and they think he might be blind/deaf but he has the sweetest laugh!  He is so happy-go-lucky that the slightest touch will just make him bust up laughing.

Minge: this means ball in Romanian.  He is about 3-4 and just came from a foster family a few ago.  But, he loves balls!  He is content to run around throw balls everywhere.  He is a smart little guy but so wild.  But, boys will be boys, right?

Lucrez:  this means I work in Romanian.  I call him that because he is just the best little helper!  Everyone in the orphanage love this little guy.  He is 7 years old and completely normal.  He is always helping the other little ones by pushing them in their chairs for snack/lunch and just loving them by playing with them.  He is a joy because he just talks and just wants to be played with!

Sunshine: I was originally going to name him Aubrey because of his light auburn hair and fair complexion ( and I thought he was girl)but then I realized she was a he.  It is hard to tell ok?!  He is only about a year old, and is just always so content and happy.  He is completely normal as well but there just aren't any foster families right now.  He is so fun just to watch starting to hold himself up and walk that any smile he has is contagious. 

Iggy: this one was hard to come up with a name because he is just so hard to explain!  He is just a tiny little guy about 2 1/2 or so.  I am not sure quite what is wrong with him but I do know he has the most beautiful eyes!  He loves to play with the other kids, especially the littler ones who he likes pushing in their baby play seats.  I called him Iggy as well because he loves to do these cute little handstand things that remind me of a lizard or something.  He is just so cute.

Bambi: yes one of them I had to name bambi.  I am just in love with this little boy!  He is 19 months old and just reminds me of a baby deer.  He has this dark hair, big doe eyes and just plain adorable.  This little guy also seems to be struggling with walking.  My goal with him is just to walk together about 10-15 minutes everyday. He needs full support and he walks kind of like a baby deer when they first are trying but I know he is on the verge of it!  He is more quite but his laughs and smiles just make every effort worth it.  Like all the others he just wants to be loved!

Dumpling: this is the one you would recognize out of the group because he is just a CHUNK! He is so, so cute.  He is only about 15 months old but he learned to walk over the summer and now he walks everywhere.  He loves to carry balls around and just sometime turn around in circles.  He has the cutest laugh with his chubby cheeks just smiling away. Like alot of the them I am not sure what his disability is, I am pretty sure it is a heart problem as well, but I don't see any of these problems cause they are all just my little kiddos!

At one time their are about 6-7 so it can be alot but they are such a joy.  I am loving working with them and just getting to know them!  When they call me "mama" I feel a little sad cause I wish they had a permanent one but happy also because I know they are coming to accept and get to know me.  The more I am there, the more they are becoming comfortable with me to where I can just hug them and play with them. 

Well, everyone have a good day.  Hopefully more about the Moldova trip and of course my adventures in Romania!

with love,

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment