Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Covered

Buna Ziua,

Another day at the orphanage and another day already over!  It is insane to think about how fast this week is flying.  Tomorrow is already Thursday.  When I walked into the orphanage this morning I nearly had a heart attack.  Seriously, I walked in and saw huge balls flying, children crying, and them running everywhere.  All 10 kids in Bambi 2 were out and playing.  It was insane to see all of them ,and then to have the room  be an absolute disaster. Meanless to say I didn't have time to be tired so I just go to work and cleaned and took care of all the kiddos.  It always goes pretty good until la masa.  Then...all the real breakdowns happen.  It is like children turn into little monsters at lunch time.  Granted, they are kind of forced to eat at the time, but still it is kind of crazy.  I have noticed the same kids acting up every singe meal.  Blue Diva just doesn't really like to eat so when the workers force food down her throat she get super upset.  Iggy is always crying during lunch especially.  I think he is just always really tired during then.  But, the worse is Queenie.  My goodness does this little girl need attention.  It is kind of ridiculous for her to always be that needy.  She just likes attention and then she just doesn't like to be fed or something.  Poor little girl, but at least she shows emotion!

But, as you have noticed the title of this blog is covered.  By covered, I mean covered in everything.  Everyday my scrubs get covered in everything from bubbles, boogers, drool, blood (from the occasional lip or nose bleed), and anything they have to eat during la masa.  Usually, the lunch time drenching comes from Dumpling (who I help feed alot) who enjoys splashing the soup they give them all over me.  Or...from Mohawk( who I also sometimes help during his lunch time) who has trouble eating, and holding his head up, so all of his mashed potatoes is smeared over both of us.  La masa is definitely an interesting time.  However, all of this is not including the children who love to climb all over me. 
Romania itself is also starting to cover me.  The wonderful smells from the bakery we pass everyday.  The not so good smoke that comes from all the people who smoke in Europe (yuck!).  Also, Romania has its own smell.  Not exactly sure how to describe it but it now covers me and all of my clothes.  But, despite all of the many smells that surround me I am enjoy every one of them.  I am feeling accepted and apart of this culture!  Even today when I went shopping at Kauflan a lady asked me where something was in Romanian.  I guess I blend in pretty well here or something cause people always look to me as if I understand everything they are saying.  Wish I did, but I still have a few more months to learn as much as I can! 

Love life and all of its moments.  I need to take my own advice and make every day count while I am in Romania.  Cause sadly, who knows when or if I can ever come back.  But, I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and the support from my whole family in allowing me to come. 

cu mult drag,

Dani

No comments:

Post a Comment