Today was definitely one of those slow-paced day. Meaning...I have done next to nothing. 3 of the girls were sick this morning and I for one wasn't feeling to great either. But, it is amazing to have a real down day of just being able to sleep and relax. Even though I still can't just sit and do nothing. I am always thinking about all the things I will have to do by the end of this experience. It is a curse to be a worrier. I am always worrying about what will happen next plus I always feel the need to plan what will happen next. Being stressed out all the time is not a good thing.
But...today has just allowed me to stop and think for the first time since I have been here in Romania. Most days I am so busy I barely have time to just relax. It has been kind of harder than expected being by myself here. Andrew leaves for basic training on Monday so I will have no contact, even less than I do now, with him for 2 months. I consider myself a pretty independent person but even this might be a little challenging for me. With Andrew joining the Air Force I am doing one more thing outside of my comfort zone. I am in Romania not really knowing what my next step in life. For someone who is always looking ahead and planning my next move this is definitely a BIG leap of faith for me. We won't really find out where we will be stationed until he starts tech school. So that means I don't know where we are going live, if I can find a job, if we are even going to live in the U.S, if I can still go to school, or to where I need to transfer schools if I need to. These things are hard for me to accept. But the more I am here the more I need to realize I do need patience. Like my parents always say, "Dani, find joy in the journey (from a great general conference talk)." And like Andrew always says, "Dani, you need to chill out and quit stressing!" They will probably be telling me this for the rest of my life. If anything this has taught me to just stop and slow done- I need to smell the roses. So instead of planning anything in the future I need to do stop and enjoy what I am doing now. I AM IN ROMANIA!!! Earth to self, who knows when I will come back? So, instead of stressing out I just need to take a day at a time, live it to the fullest, and have faith my Heavenly Father will work out the rest for me.
Life may throw its curve balls. But that is just how life is! So while I am here I am just going to stop every once in a while and remind my self to just enjoy every moment. I need to or I might regret in the future. And one should never live life with regrets!
Sorry it was a short one today. so again my love to all!
Mare vis,
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment