Today was another one of those days that happen when you don't get a lot of sleep. I don't know what my deal is I just had a rough day Sunday I guess. Yes, even I can get lonely when I have virtually no one to talk to. With Andrew as my only constant person who I communicate with it is hard when that person leaves! But, that is ok, I still have my kiddos to talk to...even if they don't understand alot.
I woke up again today, contemplating whether or not to go today because I was so tired. I went anyways, expecting the worse and it turned out to be a very good day. I knew myself better than to just dive into things when I was feeling that way so I simply pulled Mohawk aside in his rolling chair and just played with him. It was amazing, no talking, no constant movement, no drama. Just his laughter as I massaged his legs and touched his face. He supposedly deaf,blind,and can't walk, meaning he is in his own world, so he loved any sort of interaction. It was a great way to start the morning.
Ada was not there again, one worker always seems to change, so I was not sure what to expect. I had her before in my room so I hoped she could still get used to me. It turned out to be really great! She is kind of known for being loud, but she let me do stuff still. She wouldn't let me hold any of the kids today but she did let me change Sunshine's clothes which is first because the workers usually like to do that kind of stuff themselves. Then, there were 5 of them still up and the worker let me come join them. She was doing a children's song in Romania. It involved hand movements so the kids loved it. We all gathered around these two children's table and it was great to see the kids really enjoying themselves. She sang about sleeping, playing a violin, and even about elephants. That's about all I got but it was still catchy! So today at the orphanage was great.
I went up to the 5th floor like always and my two girls were still there. I was so tired though by the time I got home. But...everyone should be proud, I actually worked out today for a little bit after the hospital. It was kind of lame but I ran stairs for 20 minutes and then I did a core workout. Not as much as I would like, but my options are kind of limited when I shouldn't be running by myself out here! Iasi is a pretty safe place, but I know a few people back home (aka Andrew) who would super worried if I did something by myself. Not to mention BYU wants us to stay in pairs. The buddy system is always a good idea anyways!
I don't think I will sleeping much tonight because there is something like a dance party in front of La Hala Cintrala. It is crazy out here because Iasi Days started this week! Holla! I will be getting all of my souveniors from the stands, I am so excited. Well, that's all for now! Any email or anything would be great to receive!
Cu mult drag,
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment