There were some unexpected surprises today. Both good and interesting... I woke up once again so, so tired. Definitely a low. I don't know why I have been so tired lately-guess it must mean I am working hard. Kids really are so wearing. I hope to never see someone who sneers at a full-time mom because they have the hardest job ever! Seriously, I am not full-time (and obviously not a real mom) but I do have a small taste of being around kids and they are something else. But, the day did continue to be full of adventures....
The orphanage was filled with its fair share. I will try to start with the lows so as to end on a positive note. So, the major, major low of today was that two more of my boys left today. I am so sad, I really have tried not to get overly attached to my kids because I knew I would leave them soon and some of them would leave me. But, even still I really have become connected to my kiddos! So Lucrez and Minga both left this morning to go to the orphanages. It really is great for them to go because they will be getting the attention they need. My friend Elizabeth is with the apartment they are going to. It is definitely more of a family style and there are alot less kids for the most part. Lucrez did give me a big hug so it was at least I knew I made some impact on him!
Today at the hospital was probably my high. I honestly thought today would be a low on the 5th floor because I didn't have a partner today so it was just me with 4 babies and I was exhausted. But, I had an awesome experience. I went in an saw that in the bed there was a new mom. Turns out she is my age, married, and speaks English! Some of the other girls have encounter moms who speak some English but this was my first time! It was definitely really, really amazing to have someone to talk to. She was able to tell me so many things about those kids, Romania, the hospital, etc I wouldn't really have been able to understood otherwise. I found out a few things about my kiddos. Turns out Annie is 1 year and 3 months old (but so tiny) and she might be moving to another floor since her heart problems are gone. And they want to keep her to fatten her up! I also found out one of the boys mom said she would pick him up this last Saturday but never did. All she said was that he is a gypsy baby. Not a bad thing, but the mom never showed up so she might have truly abandoned him.
Sorry, I have another low that I heard from one of the girls. A little while back I wrote about the experience I had in the Intensive Care Unit. Well the little boy whose mom was there with him passed away this past Friday. He is the one who is from the orphanage as well, the one everyone was waiting to die. I feel so much for this mother who came every day to be with her son knowing he would die. Life can be so hard sometimes it hurts me to think about it, but I do believe that little boy is in a better place. He had been suffering for so long but he was sent to Earth with a purpose ,which he must have fulfilled, and has gone back a perfect soul.
After talking about that story I feel low and I am the one writing it! I can't end on that. We had FHE tonight and it was pretty fun. Despite being away from my loved ones it is nice to know that I can still have a ward family here! Although one low was very interesting...there is a guy who comes with his mom to FHE alot (just to clarify mentally he is not really there). Anyways I was standing in the hallway when he comes over and slaps me really hard on the butt! It was kind of a low, but also kind of funny. Meanless to say I tried to keep my distance from him the rest of the night (while keeping my backside safe). But after FHE we had a meeting at 9:00 because.....WE ARE GOING ON A BIG TRIP NEXT MONDAY!!!!
Seriously I am so, so excited. It is such an amazing experience and a great deal. We leave Monday night on a train (my first train ever). And arrive in Bucharest Tuesday morning where we have the whole day. We are going to be visiting the People's Palace and hopefully a museum. Then we will be staying in a hostel(something else that is my first time!) there over night. Then early in the morning we take another train down to Brasov. Where will be visiting many different sights including seeing Bran Castle (Dracula's castle), maybe the Black Church, Peles Castle and many other things. We have 3 days there (staying in another hostel) and we get back Saturday. It is going to be amazing, a chance to really experience the heart of Romania!
That's all for now. Just to let everyone know, I am dong amazing. I am hanging in there, have been safe thus far, and just loving the opportunity I have to be here!
Mare vis,
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment