So many great new changes have happened today. First it is monday! The first one in October. It is so crazy how time flies. I know that this month will go really fast because there are so many checkpoints of things happening this month. For instance, Dr. Porter came, then it is Iasi Days for a week, then Halloween (well for us to celebrate:) So yes, many things are happening
Like the I said the second new thing is that Dr. Porter came today from BYU. I mentioned he came by yesterday but he came by the orphanage today. He came around to all the rooms and spent about a half an hour in each. It was actually great having him in there, because it was really nice to have someone else to share everything about the kids. My room was "on fire" today! The kids were just little fire crackers when he came in. It suddenly turned into a mad house. For the most part the kids are a little wary of strangers but they quickly got over that. Similar to my first day there, they love taking advantage of new people who don't speak Romanian. It is like a playmate they can climb all over. But, it was funny to show all my kiddos to him even if they all wanted to be held or were in hysterics. When he came in, it was a time to ask him developmental questions about the kids. Such as possible attachment problems, cognitive or motor delays. Even he was able to point out that some of my kids have certain mild attachment problems such as being really clingy or wanting to be held, even by strangers. But it was great to have someone observe me being with them. At one point he was trying to play with Sunshine but he wasn't being his normal cheerful self. So I tried to just help him along. After a while Dr. Porter said that Sunshine responds really well to me! It made me happy because it goes to show that I can make at least a small difference in showing these kids love.
Just a small third change was that Queenie walked all by herself over the weekend! I came in this morning when she first got up and I was helping her walk. She just took off and was walking all up and down the room. I felt like a proud parent! But, of course with her being even more mobile she is even more of a handful. I still love all my kiddos no matter what.
The last new thing is really a new beginning...Andrew left for Basic Training for the Air Force. So today was the last time I could talk to him for the next 8 weeks. All the time we had prepared, discussed, and planning about the Air Force is finally happening. Our new life together is beginning. There are still alot of unknowns but I am so proud of him and know that things will all work out in the end.
Thanks again everybody for the continuing support, prayers, and love!
Mare vis,
Dani
No comments:
Post a Comment