Saturday, October 16, 2010

A Blistery Day

Saturday's for me always seem to be so busy. Even when I wish for a day off.  But, I can't complain because today was amazing!  Ok, it was just a more fun day than usual for me.  It was wonderful to sleep in till 10:00am.  Yes, 10:00am, it was so great!  Another girl and I planned our whole morning to finish our shopping.  Today was the last of Iasi Days.  So we met at 10:30 to go walk the strip for a final time.  I always love buying things for other people, just so I can see their face when they get an unexpected surprise.  I love surprises myself.  So maybe I am just one of those people that does thing for others because it would be what I want.  Selfish?  Perhaps, but I hope not. 

Anyways, we started at 10:30 and gave ourselves till noon to pick out our last minute gift.  And of course I did get some things for myself since I just couldn't resist.  One thing I got I am so excited about!  For myself I found one of those china doll things that gets a smaller version of itself when you open.  Hopefully I am describing it clearly.  I wasn't expecting to buy it but when I saw it I just couldn't resist.  It is so cool and I have always wanted one of those for myself.  It is pretty big actually and made out of wood with its designs looking like they have been burned in.  I got a good deal!  Only 30 lei, basically 10 American dollars.  That is just one thing I really enjoyed.

Then at 12 we walked to Kauflan.  We kind of got a little lost, it is a little far away. But we did find it eventually.  I hate shopping on Saturdays!  It is always a mad house in there if you go on the weekends.  I am high stress person so things like that really hype me up in a bad way.  I just don't like people shoving me when I am trying to push a cart.  It scares me a little.  But, it was good to finally get my weekly grocery in and hey, it builds character right?

We shopped till 2 and then took a taxi home to get ready for soccer.  I honestly am loving taking taxis.  It is pretty cheap, like 6 lei to get where we need to go.  Plus I feel sophisticated or something taking them like something from a movie.  It is just my first time using them so it is kind of a fun feeling.  Anyways, so I went home to put my groceries away when I had to hurry and get ready to play.  By this time it was starting to rain outside.  Yes, it does rain quite a bit here.  Good thing I brought my umbrella to Romania because I was not expecting to be here during a time when it rains alot, but it does.

So me and two other girls met three of the guys from the branch here in Iasi.  We met up at the bus stop and went to the main university about 15 minutes, by bus, away.  They had soccer courts there.  It is really more like a basketball court except with soccer goals.  It was different than the ones I am used to but it was kind of unique because all their soccer courts are like that around here.  Again, by this time it was raining.  We played anyways by splitting up into 3 teams and playing with a single goalie to 3.  It was a blast!  I forgot how much I loved playing soccer.  And of course me and Mihai did awesome.  But, the best part it was pouring like crazy halfway through.  I was so soaked by then I didn't even care.  It was so fun playing soccer in the rain today!  We played for 2 hours and then went home. 

After that it was just showering and laundry.  I didn't end up getting to talk to my family for some reason but it was ok.  Everyone came over and we ended up watching A Walk To Remember!  It was fun seeing a sappy movie like that again.  One of the guys really wanted to see it so that is why we watched it.  But it was really fun just hanging out.

An overall very busy day.  But very fun!  It wasn't so bad having a busy Saturday because it was well worth it.  Missing my family and friends but I am so grateful for that same kind of dynamic from the people here in Romania!

Cu mult drag,

Dani
 

No comments:

Post a Comment