Another super rainy day! I am not exactly sure what is up with the weather here but it needs to stop. I just want to shout up to the sky, "Hello! I have to walk in this everyday, can you just stop now?" If only it were that easy. But I still got to say I do love the rain, just not when I have to walk in it. Church was great yet again. I really do love my family here in Iasi. They help make the days go by faster, more exciting, and make it easier to be away. It is so amazing to know that even when you are away from home the church is always here to make it better.
So I was writing another letter to Andrew, yes I am actually writing good old fashioned letters, when I wrote him alot of things I was feeling about. The more and more I think about it the more I realize I am serving a mini-mission. Before I got married, going on a mission was what my goal was. I never wanted to take away the Lord's plan for me but I did still have a desire to go. I was a little bummed when I realized I wouldn't get to go but in a way things have turned out for the better. This is where I was meant to be at this time and place. I am getting to do all of the same things. I wake up early every morning. I walk wherever I have to get to. I attend every branch activity. And my main purpose for being here is to serve people. I have been doing personal pray and scripture study and I am learning a new language. So in a way, the rules are similar and so are the reasons I am here. So maybe it is not for a year and half but I am still glad to have these experiences. I mean, I AM IN ROMANIA! Not many people can say they traveled and lived in Romania for 3 months.
Being here has taught me about myself and to be open to many new things. I do enjoy trying new things so why not do it now? For those of you who really know me, you will know I really do not have a love for vegetables. Like at all. But since I have been here I have been open to just eating in new way. For instance, Saturday when I had pizza the pizza I ate had peppers and olives on it. I am pretty sure Andrew would have never believed I would do that. Still not ready to try mushrooms quite yet but everything else I am actually enjoying. I actually love peppers now! I know to others that might not be a big deal but being here I feel that when I go back I will have changed as a person. Maybe I will be eating better because I have tried new things. Or maybe I will really reach out to others more because I have been doing it here and back home they will actually know English. So who knows how I have changed but I hope it is for the better!
This week is over and a new one is about to start. I am already over half-way done with my adventure here in Romania! Bittersweet but I am just going to focus on the time at hand and experience as many things here as humanly possible. In fact, one of our friends here was telling me his mom went to a place that did massages for only 15 lei! Sounds great to me! I will just have to see what else lies in store while I am here....
Mare vis,
Dani
I'm glad you like peppers now! I used to be a pepper hater too, but I love them now!
ReplyDelete